Wednesday, October 8, 2014

john 16 the spirit of truth | Im ashamed to die until i have won some victory for humanity.(Horace Mann)

john 16 the spirit of truth | Im ashamed to die until i have won some victory for humanity.(Horace Mann)





Chapter 16                                                                                                      internal sence          





  1. But I tell you the truth; it is expedient for you that I go away;
    for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come to you; but if I
    depart, I will send him to you.
  2. And when he is come, he will reprove the world about sin, and about justice, and about judgement.

For truth, in its external manifestation, must apparently be taken
away, to the intent that it may be received again internally, and by
such internal manifestation may remove from man the powers of evil and
error, and establish in him the heavenly powers of good and truth, vs 7,
8.



  1. About sin indeed, because they believe not in me.
  2. But about justice, because I go away to my father, and you see me no more.
  3. But about judgement, because the prince of this world is judged.

All which evil and error result from the non-acknowledgement of the
lord’s divine humanity, whilst the glorification of this humanity,
together with the subjugation of the powers of darkness, constitute the
all of good and of truth, vs 9, 10, 11.



  1. I have yet many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.
  2. But when he shall come, the Spirit of Truth, he will lead you into
    all truth; for he will not speak of himself, but whatever things he
    shall hear, [those] he will speak; and he will announce to you things to
    come.

Therefore a limit is set to the instruction of truth externally, but
not to the reception of truth internally, because internal truth is in
connection with divine good and truth, and thus leads man to depend on
the lord in all states of life, vs 12, 13.



  1. He will glorify me for he shall receive of mine, and shall announce it to you.
  2. All things whatever the father has, are mine; therefore said I that he shall receive of mine, and shall announce to you.
  3. A little while, and you shall not see me; and again a little while, and you shall behold me, because I go away to the father.

For internal truth is the operation of the lord’s divine humanity,
and thus the medium of communication with the divine truth in its union
with the divine good, and therefore it succeeds the external
manifestation of truth, vs 14, 15, 16.

No comments:

Post a Comment